Monday 31 December 2012

Merry Christmas to me and Happy New Year to You!

Dudes.....Santa knows what I like.  And he knew I would like 4 metres of silk dupioni under the tree:



It is shot with royal blue warp threads and maroon weft threads, which gives it a shimmery purple colour that is incredibly hard to photograph.  It is more than a bit intimidating to think of using, but I plan not to let it waste away in my stash.  Please hold me to it if I don't show a project here sometime soon.

And since we're less than an hour away from New Year's EST, let me wish everyone a very Happy New Year.  Thank you for all the feedback in 2012, especially to my previous post regarding constructive criticism.  I wasn't sure if I was totally out of line for bringing up the subject, but it garnered a lot of discussion, so I'm glad I took the leap.

Hmmmm...this looks mildly disgusting, but it was actually delicious molasses candy on snow that my Mom made today.  Remember Laura and Mary making it in Little House in the Big Woods?  Well, it's the first time I've tried it.  We always have tire every spring (boiled maple syrup candy on snow), but that's a different beast altogether - mostly because you just hang around outside the cabane à sucre and wait for the guy to come out and pour it on the snow in front of you.  Easy peasy.

I've finished my Simplicity 8498 just under the wire, but with the sun going down around 4:30pm, there wasn't enough time to get any photos this afternoon.  I'll get some tomorrow and try to post ASAP. 

I also have a giveaway coming up this week, so stay tuned!   

 

3 comments:

  1. It was a great discussion, glad you brought it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is STUNNING!!! What a marvelous present, and I cannot wait to see what you make with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your SW posts this year. I really enjoyed the far-flung community from all over the globe coming together in common cause. Your posts were always a delight to read. Best wishes for 2013.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...